Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Celeste: (voice)
Mary was on the roof ready to jump...

Alexandra, Ann and Shawn appear
Fully present. Each thinks they are alone in the spotlight. They begin a movement phrase specific to their dance style.

They realize there are other people in the space.
Then they look at each other


Their voices Overlapping:
I thought I was playing Mary - I thought I was - She told me I could - No, I'm Mary, you're someone else

Discomfort

Alexandra: well I’m fourteen

Ann: Yes, but I’m catholic….well former I mean

Shawn: Me too, I mean, catholic, former

Ann and Shawn get caught up in that conversation,
“really, me too…. Etc” and also talking about the work they have created out of their relationship to their catholic-ness


Alexandra (stepping away from their conversation, hoping that she can now take the star role since the other two are busy in conversation:
Start again mom, I’m ready:

Celeste:
Mary is on the roof ready to jump


All three begin to
Go into the Mary on the roof movement sequence using their different movement styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment