Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2008

process

tuesday nicole, dana, sharon and I met. Chip showed up, violin in hand. I showed them the solo part that I have been working on. And invited everyone to take movement ideas or motifs that stuck with them, and create short phrases from that. We also played with the sounds/movement feel of "ahhh" versus "e". As in "annunciation' and "enunciation". To get started we improvised, Chip on violin, to the ahh/eee sounds and other images, ideas that were interesting to us. After the improvisation, everyone built phrases. From those phrases I began to construct a section of movement that could possibly be the wash to follow the solo. I talked to Chip about commentary - that I am thinking about how the solo could include the musical dialogue between voice/movement/violin and also his (perhaps) moments of spoken commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment