Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

the trinity of voices

when I performed the solo section at Monument Mountain Regional High School a few weeks ago - one of the teachers made the observation about voices. She noted that the angel is "rehearsing" his/her lines. Mary is "spilling an alphabet" and "won't talk about what happened" and she only shakes her head, doesn't sound the word "no". And the other 'character', the Narrator speaks in definitions. A trinity of sorts.... The art teacher at the Atlanta School, completely on another track, sent this video clip to me for a piece called "In My Language" - which gave us food for thought/dance/talk in our rehearsal today. I hope it shows up for everyone. If not, go to Youtube and look up "In My Language" - make sure you watch it all the way through.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnylM1hI2jc

No comments:

Post a Comment