Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

From Nicole

So here are some quick thoughts that pop into my mind. Choice. Looked it up in the dictionary and it mentions the act of selecting. I like "act of"- very active, direct, no meandering. Hm... wish it was always that easy... choice often isn't though, it's not often pick good over evil in a clear cut way.... life is much more complicated, finicky, there is much weighing of options. This story has amongst other things for me, an ongoing metaphor of choice and through that nuance. And not just Mary, there is Gabriel who faces many a choice. And God. Ah, so (wishing I could move, talk , and type as I might find this faster...) is weight part of this ongoing choice/selection? Would that help lead you out? Or as with our many conversations is it as simple as the monkey brain takes over, curious and impatient for information? Or as with decision making, is it a meandering way? Which then I ask, is it in the head? usually my first instinct is from the gut, but the monkey brain, the meandering in and out of thoughts... maybe the head pops you up? Or head and weight meet the feet and there you are, facing a part of yourself? Not quite ready for that as Narrator, Mary or Gabriel, you pop to information seeking mode? A safety net that mode sometimes...
All for now.... goodnight! Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment