Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Trinitarianism, from Kobutsu

In thinking about it, the Annunciation is the underpinning of the
development of Trinitarianism. It is the moment the god intervenes (to

reformat himself)? And create the son, the second person god. This
was somehow necessary to break with the Jewish tradition. Mary was
the first person to be told of; and demonstrated to, the concept of
Trinity.

In the Abrahamic traditions, the creation of god, in the image and
likeness of man replete with wrath and dominion-over is the defining
of self. It is like a gelling, a solidification of boundaries, the
establishment of center and fringe. The instant "god" is; "I" is born,

"other" is co-created and so forth marches dualistic cosmology!

The thing with the dualistic perspective is that it is fundamentally
empty, it is untrue. We only see folds and ripples in the cloth - not
the warp and weft of the fabric.

Dualism is ubiquitously present in our culture, arts, and sciences -
as to be unnoticeable. Dualism is The Matrix.

The practice of zazen is what enables us to gain perspective on the
convolutions of illusion.
- Kobutsu

1 comment:

  1. in my yoga class this morning i held these thoughts on trinitarianism in my breath/body. in the final meditation i found myself first: replacing the god word with the word universe (just for the sake of a placeholder that is ungendered). then i found myself breathing the universe in to me ("the holy spirit shall overcome thee...") and breathing out breathing myself into the universe.
    the rape aspect of the annunciation, once i ungendered "god" (-which i know intellectually, but that word becomes very hard for me to ungender) was no longer part of the experience of understanding the annunciation. so the catholic story of the Annunciation remains, but I think i am finally finding my metaphor inside what an annunciation is/can be

    ReplyDelete